2018 Alabama Robotics Competition
In the 2018 contest, there were 59 teams participating from 42 different schools (246 overall students competing and over 350 parents/teachers attending).
Below are several links and information about the 2018 event.
Competition Schedule and Team Rosters
The award winners received a textbook from zyBooks, a Visa gift card, and a trophy. The following teams and participants received awards at the 2018 event (the team numbers can be cross-referenced with the official contest schedule and team rosters for student names).
- First Place: Vestavia Hills Elementary Central #55 (75)
- Second Place: Vestavia Hills Cahaba Heights # 57 (50)
- Third Place: Vestavia Hills Cahaba Heights #56 (50)
- Honorable Mention: Vestavia Hills Elementary Central #53 (25)
- First Place: Prattville Park Robotics #28 (50)
- Second Place: Berry Middle School #17 (25)
- Third Place: Muscle Shoals Middle Schol #24 (25)
- Honorable Mention: Alabama School of Fine Arts #16 (25)
- First Place: Spain Park High School #13 (150)
- Second Place: Prattville Park High School #12 (75)
- Third Place: Alabama School of Fine Arts #2 (50)
- Honorable Mention: Muscle Shoals Career Center #6 (50)
Volunteers and Organizers
The volunteers and organizers of the 2018 event were:
- Contest Administrators
Dr. Jeff Gray
Dr. Becky Odom-Bartel
- UA Volunteers
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Kenneth Ricks
Robots aren’t just for Earth
Dr. Kenneth Ricks is an Associate Professor and the Assistant Department Head in the UA Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. His focus is Computer Engineering with specific emphasis on robotics, and he is currently the Faculty Advisor for the four-time national champion Alabama Astrobotics Team. Before joining UA, Dr. Ricks worked for NASA at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
We gratefully acknowledge zyBooks as our main sponsor for the Robotics Contest!